A new Yakuza 0 patch is in the works for the PC and currently in its beta phase. Sega is working on an update that will make it look better when played on an ultrawide display, offer new border artwork during certain segments, and allow people to adjust the FOV. People who want to test the update out now on Steam can go into Properties and Betas, then put the “DragonOfDojima” password into community_test_branch to see what it is like.
While many of the inclusions in the new patch are fixing or adjusting existing issues, many additions are designed to make Yakuza 0 look better on PCs. For example, border artwork will appear during some segments. The notes mention “locked aspect ratio” areas, which suggests these could appear during the Club Sega arcade games. People will be able to toggle the UI and adjust the FOV. Some of the fixes will even adjust particle effects and the way shaders and shadow rendering will look.
Here are the full Yakuza 0 beta patch notes at the moment.
• Fixed an issue related to shaders and shadow rendering affecting lighting/skin tone (most noticeable during cut scene at the end of chapter 6)
• Fixed an issue where certain particle effects were not being displayed (most noticeable when using certain weapons like the cannon)
• Improved ultrawide display support
• Added FOV slider in advanced graphics menu
• Added border artwork displayed during areas with locked aspect ratio when played in non-16:9 display modes
• Added Background audio slider in audio menu
• Added UI toggle in settings menu
• Added target monitor output selection option for multi monitor setups in advanced graphics menu
• Added support for QWERTZ and AZERTY keyboard layouts
• Fixed an issue where disconnecting a controller during conversation could cause a soft lock
• Fixed an issue where mouse cursor would be confined within application window while in menus
• Fixed an issue which could cause a crash when playing the fishing mini game
• Fixed an issue where the game could crash if the installation folder path includes a dot
• Improved behaviour of camera control when using a mouse to use raw mouse input
• Improved mouse scroll wheel behaviour
• Improved Alt+Tab behaviour
Yakuza 0 is available for the PlayStation 4 and PC.