Bandai Namco shared the latest update on Ni no Kuni II with a new trailer and screenshots as well as a surprise announcement that the game is also headed to PC.
Here’s a look at the latest trailer via Polygon:
In the world of Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, players enter the kingdom of Ding Dong Dell, where cats, mice, and humans once lived in harmony. After a treacherous coup, Evan, the young boy king of Ding Dong Dell is banished from his kingdom. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom recounts the story of this deposed king and his journey to build his own kingdom and unite the entire world.
Supporting Evan on his adventure are friends Roland, Tani, and beings known as Higgledies who come from the power of the hearts found within people, animals, and elements such as fire and wind. Only individuals with pure hearts can see the Higgledies. The Higgledies will aid Evan throughout his journey, helping him in battles, and letting him reach places he wouldn’t otherwise be able to access. Join Evan on his quest as he fights powerful monsters, face perilous dungeons, and rises to once again become a King!
As well as some info from the fact sheet:
About Ni no Kuni II
Re-enter the animated world of Ni no Kuni. Explore a beautifully crafted world and experience the gripping story in an all-new RPG adventure. Level-5 reunites with Yoshyuki Momose on character design and music created by Joe Hisaishi in the production of the next Ni no Kuni tale.
- All-Star Production – Level-5’s mastery of the RPG genre is combined with music created by the renowned Joe Isaishi and character designs by animation artist Yoshiyuki Momose.
- Captivating Story – A charming and tragic tale unfolds as Evan, a boy prince, learns how to become a leader and build a kingdom.
- Playing Mastery – New and traditional RPG elements expertly crafted and designed featuring dozens of locations to explore, hundreds of creatures to battle, and a wealth of quests and secrets to uncover throughout the sweeping journey.
- Another World – Stunning visuals recreate the world of Ni no Kuni and immerses players into an incredibly vibrant, animated land filled with a new cast of delightful characters to meet.
- Dynamic Fights – Battle against fierce foes utilizing an exciting real-time battle system.
Ni no Kuni II releases in 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PC.