Square Enix revealed some of the latest details in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine with new characters for NieR: Automata, including Emil from the previous NieR game. [Thanks, Zaregoto.]
- Emil (CV: Mai Kadowaki): A character who traveled with Nier in the previous game. While he has high magical power deep inside him, a large part of his memories have gone missing after many years have passed.
- Pod 042 & Pod 153 (CV: Hiroki Yasumoto, Kaoru Akiyama): Accompanying support units of YoRHa. They provide support with long-ranged attacks and mobility.
- Adam (CV: Daisuke Namikawa): A silver-haired young man whose identity is shrouded in mystery. He has a coolheaded temperament, but can take merciless actions for the sake of the objective.
- Eve (CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki): Adam’s twin younger brother. He’s more simpleminded, and doesn’t really put much deep thought into things.
- Debol & Popol (CV: Ryoko Shiraishi): An old model android who can be found at the Resistance camp. They feel a sense of debt from the time they and several old-type androids from the time went reckless. They act as support for 2B and 9S.
- Pascal (CV: Aoi Yuki): In spite of being a Living Machine, Pascal is a pacifist. He’s highly intelligent, and has an interest in the history of humans and Living Machines.
- YoRHa Commander (CV: Chiaki Kano) The calm and composed general of a military base in orbit called “Bunker,” who commands all YoRHa units. She has a connection to the YoRHa prototype that is A2.
- Operator 60 & Operator 210 (CV: Keico Isoi, Meari Hatsumi): Communication operators of Bunker, who provide the YoRHa with information analysis and messages from the commander. They’re said to have different personalities for each individual.
NieR: Automata releases in Japan on February 23, 2017 for PlayStation 4 and PC. The game will release in the West in 2017.