Here are some highlights on NieR Replicant from the interview with the developers:
- Since the developers put in a considerable amount of work on the upgrade, it began to feel much more than a remaster.
- The camera work for the event scenes will be the exact same as the original game. In that sense, the developers feel like it feels more like a remaster, but they’ve also applied various revisions.
- As for the additional elements, the developers are working hard at making everything completely new.
- The original game had a bit unrefined which was a charm in itself, but the developers feel that they should change it if it brings any negative feelings. The gameplay must feel good for the fans of NieR: Automata.
- Lastly, the developers say to look forward to the voice acting performances of Yui Ishikawa and Natsuki Hanae.
Yoko Taro also mentioned that Takahisa Taura of PlatinumGames is working on checking the action parts of NieR Replicant. And according to Taura, he is checking strictly.
NieR Replicant is in development for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam. NieR Gestalt and NieR Replicant first released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in April 2010. The game recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. Check out the official website here.