Every summer, Nintendo has a tour that visits either malls or major locations and gives people an opportunity to try out games and systems. The Summer of Play Tour dates and games have been announced for 2017. From June 9 until September 4, 2017, Nintendo will visit 13 places across the U.S. and show off newly released and upcoming games.
At each Summer of Play Tour spot, people will be able to visit a pop-up that looks like the mock-up shown above. Mario and Inkling display photo ops will be available. People who check in with their My Nintendo QR codes will get a free gift, and those who shop at a GameStop near one of these tour spots will get a PopSocket mobile accessory device while supplies last.
The following games are part of Nintendo’s Summer of Play Tour 2017.
- 1-2 Switch (Nintendo Switch)
- ARMS (Nintendo Switch)
- Hey! Pikmin (Nintendo 3DS)
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo Switch)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo Switch)
- Miitopia (Nintendo 3DS)
- Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition (Nintendo Switch)
- Pokemon Sun/Moon (Nintendo 3DS)
- Snipperclips: Cut It Out, Together! (Nintendo Switch)
- Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)
- Super Bomberman R (Nintendo Switch)
- Super Mario Maker (Nintendo 3DS)
- Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 3DS)
- Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (Nintendo Switch)
Here are the 2017 Summer of Play Tour stops.
- June 9-11, 2017: Irvine Spectrum Center in Irvine, CA
- June 16-18, 2017: Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton, CA
- June 23-25, 2017: Mall of America in Bloomington, MN
- June 30-July 2, 2017: Henry Maier Festival Park Summerfest Grounds in Milwaukee, WI
- July 7-9, 2017: Navy Pier in Chicago, IL
- July 14-16, 2017: Marriot Marquis San Diego Marina in San Diego, CA
- July 28-30, 2017: The Parks Mall at Arlington in Arlington, TX
- August 4-6, 2017: Aventura Mall in Miami, FL
- August 11-13, 2017: Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA
- August 18-20, 2017: DUMBO Waterfront in New York, NY
- August 25-27, 2017: King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, PA
- September 2-4, 2017: Harborplace in Baltimore, MD