Nintendo shared the latest details from its quarterly financial results, where we got a look at some updated numbers for hardware sales, which has the Nintendo Switch at a new total of 34.74 million units sold worldwide.
Here’s a look at the updated sales figures for the Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U:
- Hardware: 34.74 million units (+2.47 million in the fourth quarter)
- Software: 187.52 million units (+23.91)
- Hardware: 75.08 million units (+0.24)
- Software: 378.12 million units (+2.15)
- Hardware: 13.56 million units (-)
- Software: 102.85 million units (+0.16)
Now that the fourth quarter has ended, the total Nintendo Switch sales worldwide in the fiscal year ended March 2019 adds up to 16.95 million, a little over 3 million shy of its initial forecast of 20 million, which was also about 50,000 short of its updated forecast of 17 million. That said, company president Shuntaro Furukawa expects to sell more hardware and software this year with a new forecast of 18 million in hardware and 125 million in software.
Here’s a look at the lifetime sales figures of past Nintendo hardware:
The Nintendo Switch launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.