Nintendo released their latest quarterly financial results with updated numbers for hardware sales. The Nintendo Switch console reached 36.87 million units in worldwide sales as of June 30, 2019.
Here are the updated total unit sales for the Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U:
- Hardware: 36.87 million units (+2.13 million from previous quarter)
- Software: 210.13 million units (+22.61)
- Hardware: 75.28 million units (+0.2)
- Software: 378.12 million units (+1.48)
- Hardware: 13.56 million units (-)
- Software: 102.85 million units (+0.06)
Nintendo President Shuntaro Furukawa previously shared a forecast of 18 million Nintendo Switch consoles to sell in this fiscal year, so that means they need to more around 15.87 million units in the next three quarters to reach it. By doing so, the Switch would also surpass the lifetime sales of the Super Famicom/SNES family which sold 49.10 million units in total.
You can check out the lifetime sales figures of previous Nintendo hardware below:
The Nintendo Switch launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.