Nintendo shared its second quarterly financial results for the fiscal year with updated hardware sales numbers. The Nintendo Switch has reached the 41.67 million units mark as of September 30, 2019.
Here are the updated total unit sales for the Nintendo Switch, 3DS, and Wii U:
- Hardware: 41.67 million units (+4.8 million from previous quarter)
- Software: 246.01 million units (+35.88)
- Hardware: 75.45 million units (+0.17)
- Software: 378.12 million units (+2.6)
- Hardware: 13.56 million units (-)
- Software: 102.85 million units (+0.11)
Company president Shuntaro Furukawa previously set the forecast of Switch console sales at 18 million by the end of the fiscal year in March 2020. At the current pace they’ll need to sell 11.07 million units in the next two quarters to reach it, but it’ll be interesting to see how big of a third quarter they have with Pokémon Sword & Shield’s release among other titles.
Here are the lifetime sales figures of previous Nintendo hardware:
The Nintendo Switch launched worldwide on March 3, 2017.