The Nintendo Switch set two new records during the period of Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday, becoming the best-selling Nintendo console for the five-day period and it also had its best-selling week ever in the US, which according to Adobe Analytics, was among the most-purchased items online on Thanksgiving Day and the overall top-selling video game product during the Black Friday to Cyber Monday time period.
The demand resulted in over $250 million in Nintendo products purchased by shoppers from Thanksgiving Through Cyber Monday, according to the company’s internal sales figures. That includes the Switch and 3DS families as well as the retro systems in the NES Classic Edition and Super NES Classic Edition.
Total U.S. hardware sales during the period of Thanksgiving through Cyber Monday increased 45 percent over the same period in 2017.
Here’s a look at some more data from Nintendo covering the period from November 22 to November 26, 2018, unless otherwise noted:
- Nintendo Switch hardware sales grew 115 percent compared to the same period in 2017.
- Lifetime sales of Nintendo Switch, which is entering only its second holiday season, have reached more than 8.2 million units.
- Sales of first-party games, including digital downloads, topped 1 million units Nov. 22-26, beating 2017’s totals by 78 percent.
- Nintendo Switch games Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! have hit combined U.S. sales of more than 1.5 million units since their Nov. 16 launch.
- Super Mario Party surpassed lifetime U.S. sales of 1 million units, becoming the fastest-selling game in the Mario Party series and the fifth million-selling first-party Nintendo Switch game in the U.S. alone, joining The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
- Thanks in part to strong Thanksgiving to Cyber Monday sales, the total installed base for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems has hit 22 million.
- Additionally, after 12 months of availability, lifetime combined sales of the Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon games crossed 2.2 million.
Classic Gaming Systems
- Also aided by strong Nov. 22-26 sales, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2.5 million.
- And the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system surpassed lifetime sales of 2 million.