Nintendo shared its updated list of top-selling titles for the Nintendo Switch and 3DS for its third quarterly financial results. The Nintendo Switch now has five titles that have sold over 10 million units worldwide.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 15.02 million pcs.
- Super Mario Odyssey – 13.76 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 12.08 million pcs.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 11.68 million pcs.
- Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Let’s Go, Eevee! – 10.00 million pcs.
- Splatoon 2 – 8.27 million pcs.
- Super Mario Party – 5.30 million pcs.
- 1-2-Switch – 2.86 million pcs.
- Mario Tennis Aces – 2.53 million pcs.
- Kirby: Star Allies – 2.42
Previously the list consisted of titles that sold over a million units, but it has updated to a top-10 list like the rest so we no longer see titles such as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 which had 1.67 million and 1.53 million respectively in the last quarter.
The two new entries to join the top-10 and also became instant 10 million-sellers within the quarter are Super Smash Bros. Ultimate which sits at 12.08 million units and Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! & Let’s Go, Eevee! at a nicely rounded 10 million units sold as of December 31, 2018.
- Mario Kart 7 – 18.11 million pcs.
- Pokémon X/Pokémon Y – 16.37 million pcs.
- Pokémon Sun/Pokémon Moon – 16.14 million pcs.
- Pokémon Omega Ruby/Pokémon Alpha Sapphire – 14.17 million pcs.
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 – 13.08 million pcs.
- Super Mario Land 3D – 12.41 million pcs.
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 12.10 million pcs.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS – 9.45 million pcs.
- Pokémon Ultra Sun/Pokémon Ultra Moon – 8.28 million pcs.
- Tomodachi Life – 6.40 million pcs.
You can check out our previous report for a look at the last quarterly sales numbers for comparison.