It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long already but Nintendo launched its first app Miitomo back in March 2016, and the company announced that it will end its service on May 9, 2018.
The end time of Miitomo’s service is 12:00am PT on May 9. The sale of Miitomo coins has already ended but the game will offer daily login bonuses of Miitomo coins and game tickets so players can continue using features such as the Miitomo Drop and Miitomo shop until the end of its service in May.
Here are more details from Nintendo about the app after the end of service:
- If you launch the app after the end of service on 5/9, you’ll see a message informing you that service has ended. You will no longer be able to use any of the app’s features.
- You will no longer be able to see your answers or messages in the app.
- You will no longer be able to use items you’ve obtained in the app, such as clothing items, wallpapers, or posters.
- You can transfer your Mii™ character to your Nintendo Account by linking it to Miitomo. (Its personality and other information will not be carried over.)
- Sidekick Mii characters will be deleted. You can keep Sidekick Mii characters by saving them as a QR Code® before the end of service on 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT). They can then be transferred to Mii Maker on the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems or the Wii U™ console.
- You will not be able to view Miifotos, including Miifotos you have shared to your social media channels. If you want to save any Miifotos, you must save them to your smart device before 5/9/2018 12:00 AM (PDT).
- Miitomo- themed icons and clothing items used in your Nintendo Account or the Super Mario Run™ game will not display after the service has ended.
Miitomo launched on March 17, 2016 for iOS and Android.