People can now face the Omega Protocol (Ultimate) Duty, as it and the initial patch notes for FFXIV 6.31 are now live. However, only the preliminary details are available. While the section on Omega Protocol is filled out, Square Enix hasn’t listed the new achievements, items, music, or titles.
With Omega Protocol (Ultimate), FFXIV players will need to have their Disciple of War or Magic job at level 90 to participate. They’ll also need to get eight people together who also completed Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage). Once they do, they can challenge the fight weekly to get a reward and earn the new ultimate Omega weapons. However, while you can only get the reward once per week, you can participate multiple times to assist others in their pursuit.
Here are the full patch notes for FFXIV 6.31.
The high-end duty the Omega Protocol (Ultimate) has been added.
What if Omega’s relentless testing had continued, and provided the elusive answer it sought?
The minstrel’s words invite you to imagine this scenario─to entertain the possibility of that which may have been─and follow the experiment to its ultimate conclusion.
- Level Requirement: Disciple of War or Magic level 90
- Party Size: Eight players
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- Requirements: After completing Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage), speak with the Wandering Minstrel in Old Sharlayan (X:12.7 Y:14.2) as a level 90 Disciple of War or Magic.
- Entering the Omega Protocol (Ultimate): The Omega Protocol (Ultimate) can only be accessed via the Raid Finder after forming a party of eight players who have all completed Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage).
- Completion Reward: Upon completing the Omega Protocol (Ultimate), players can earn a separate reward once per week. Players who have yet to receive that week’s reward can still claim it even if other members of the party have completed the duty prior to the weekly reset.
The reward can be exchanged with Nesvaaz in Radz-at-Han (X:10.6 Y:10.0) for ultimate Omega weapons.
Reward eligibility is reset every Tuesday at 12:00 a.m. (PST).
- New items have been added.
- New achievements and titles have been added.
- New music has been added.
- In order to better facilitate login, one-time passwords will no longer be hidden during entry.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue during the extreme trial implemented in Patch 6.3 wherein player casting was interrupted by certain enemy actions.
- An issue during the raid dungeon Alphascape V4.0 (Savage) wherein the areas of effect for boss actions Diffuse Wave Cannon and Oversampled Wave Cannon did not display in full.
- An issue when using the warrior action Shake It Off wherein the amount of HP recovered when only healing self was incorrect under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein actions with a forward-facing cone or straight-line area of effect would strike in the direction of the selected target, as well as the direction the executing character was facing under certain conditions.
* Learn more about this issue.
- An issue wherein the conditions to trigger Fisher’s Intuition at Seagazer Shoals were incorrect.
- An issue wherein certain wild animals in the island sanctuary did not appear under certain conditions, despite fulfilling necessary requirements.
- An issue wherein selecting the glamour buttons in the Trust window would not apply intended changes.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
Other various issues have also been addressed.
Final Fantasy XIV is available for the PS4, PS5, and PC, and 6.31 is now live. As a reminder, 6.3 added a Myths of the Realm Euphrosyne Raid.