Star Wars Battlefront II is set to release mid-November this year, but Electronic Arts has announced an open beta will give players a taste of the game over a month in advance. The open beta will begin on October 6th and last through the 9th. Additionally, those who preorder the game will get access to the beta two days earlier on October 4th.
Here’s a look at all the features included in the beta, courtesy of the official PlayStation Blog.
Galactic Assault on Naboo
- Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
- Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
- Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
- Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
- Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
- Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
- Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.
Multiplayer Starfighter Assault
We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at Gamescom.
Star Wars Battlefront II will release for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on November 17th.