Activision Blizzard dropped three major Overwatch BlizzCon 2018 announcements one after another. First, Lucio-Ohs cereal is coming from Kellogg’s. Then, a McCree got his own animated short called “Reunion.” Finally, a new playable character named Ashe appeared in that trailer, then received her own feature.
Lucio-Ohs are an in-game cereal in Overwatch, and now they will appear on real store shelves in December 2018. Kelloggs is making them and will start selling them sometime next month. A price was not announced, but the box confirms it will come with a Loot Boost for the game.
You can also get Lucio’s Synaesthesia Auditiva for free from its official website until November 20, 2018. Here is its full track list.
- “Bem-vindos à Society 2.0 (Viemos para ficar)”
- “Hard Light, Hard Time”
- “Sonhos Ômnicos (Extended Mix)”
- “Maximum Tempo”
- “The Millennium Anxiety”
- “Quebrando a Barreira do Som (Drop the Beat)”
- “Robot After All”
- “We Move Together As One”
- “Synaesthesia Auditiva”
Here is its trailer.
Next, the McCree Reunion short was shown. This is one of Blizzard’s animated features that offers a little more insight into characters and their backstories. In it, we see him eating pie at a dinner, waiting for “something” to happen. That “something” is Ash and her gang robbing the train.
See the Overwatch Reunion short below.
Finally, Ashe was revealed as the next Overwatch Damage hero. She is head of the Deadlock gang. She has both a rifle with a sight, a pistol for shorter range attacks, and dynamite she can throw. She is also able to summon B.O.B, an Omnic partner who appeared alongside her in the Reunion short.
Here is her official description, provided by Blizzard.
Ashe quickly fires her rifle from the hip or uses her weapon’s aim-down sights to line up a high damage shot. She blasts enemies by throwing dynamite, and her coach gun packs enough punch to put some distance between her and her foes. And Ashe is not alone, as she can call on her Omnic ally B.O.B. to join the fray when the need arises.
- The Viper: Ashe’s semi-automatic rifle fires quick shots, or she can use her aim-down sights for a more damaging, precise shot.
- Dynamite: Ashe throws an explosive that detonates after a short delay or immediately when shot. The explosion from Dynamite also lights enemies on fire, dealing damage over time.
- Coach Gun: Ashe blasts enemies in front of her, knocking them away and propelling herself backward for added mobility.
- B.O.B.: Ashe summons her trusted Omnic sidekick, B.O.B., who charges forward and knocks enemies into the air, then lays down suppressing fire with his arm cannons.
Here is Ashe’s trailer.
Overwatch is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.