Blizzard released a new Overwatch patch that provides some changes to the recently revamped Mercy, as well as a fix for Lucio’s wall ride speed, and some new voicelines for Zenyatta’s Cultist skin.
To summarize, there was a recent bug that slowed down Lucio’s wall ride that has been fixed. Mercy got some adjustments that no longer resets her Guardian Angel when Resurrect is activated. Her Valkyrie ult no longer resets or reduces the Resurrection cooldown time, but using the ult gives her a bonus resurrection charge instead.
Here are the updates from the official patch notes:
- Wall Ride
- The speed boost that Lúcio receives after completing a wall ride has been increased by 65%
Developer Comments: A recent bug fix slowed Lúcio’s Wall Ride. This change compensates for the reduced speed.
- Guardian Angel
- Players can now glide past a targeted ally using the jump key
- Cooldown no longer resets when Resurrect is activated
- No longer resets or reduces Resurrection’s cooldown
- Now gives players a bonus resurrection charge
Developer Comments: Valkyrie no longer resets or reduces Resurrect’s cooldown. Instead, it now provides an extra ‘charge,’ allowing you to revive an ally even if it is still on cooldown. If the bonus charge hasn’t been spent when Valkyrie ends, it will be removed.
This method makes Resurrect more flexible when used with Valkyrie. For example, in the past if you wanted to resurrect two teammates, you had to revive the first target, then activate Valkyrie (causing the Resurrect’s cooldown to reset), and then revive the other target. With this change, you can now activate Valkyrie and fly in quickly to resurrect both targets instantly.
However, this still reduces the overall number of Resurrects that Mercy can provide, since Valkyrie no longer reduces its cooldown.
- Added a number of additional voicelines for Cultist Zenyatta
A couple bug fixes concerning Merce and Sombra was also made for the patch:
- Fixed a bug preventing Mercy’s momentum from slowing down correctly when Guardian Angel was canceled
- Fixed a bug preventing the visual effects on Sombra’s Pumpkinette victory pose from displaying correctly
Overwatch is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. It currently has a Halloween Terror 2017 event that is going on through November 1. You can check out more on that in our previous report.