PM Studios have a revised version of DJMax Portable 3 and owners can upgrade their game via a downloadable patch. DJMax Portable 3 version 2.0 fixes a number of bugs and significantly modifies the experience points characters receive.
Here’s what PM Studios changed.
- Character related bugs i.e. some of effects not activated in certain conditions
- Custom key setting related bugs including misrecognition
- Result display bugs i.e. accuracy 99.9% appears to be 99.0%
- Wrong mission selecting bug which occurs by pushing the button while
scrolling the mission list
- Item unlock bug which occurs by acquiring WS pattern fulfilling the play
- Media install off bug which occurs when data install has been made and the
program cannot read the memory card
- Experience percentage increase ratio of EXP-related characters changed as:
1% -> 10%
2% -> 15%
3% -> 20%
4% -> 23%
5% -> 26%
6% -> 30%
- Mission reward of EXP bonus points increased
If you have the retail version of DJMax Portable 3 you can get the patch from PlayStation Network starting on January 25. If you have the PSN version you’ll have to wait until early February for the fixes. PM Studios will release DJMax Portable 3 version 2.0 on PlayStation Network, which has the patch embedded into the file. Everyone who purchased the PSN version will be able to download the game with version 2.0 in it for free.
PM Studios is also kicking off a ranking service contest for PSP DJs in North America. They have prizes including Technika 2 limited edition soundtracks, Technika Signature Collection, DJMax Portable 3 soundtracks, and limited edition bundles. How do you win? PM Studios didn’t outline that part, but it will involve the main ranking site where players can upload their scores.