A new album of arranged The Secret of Mana music has been released by Scarlet Moon Records. Gentle Love, made up of Norihoko Hibino, the saxophonist and composer for Metal Gear Solid, and the pianist Ayaki, who performed on Etrian Odyssey soundtracks, recorded new versions of 12 songs from Secret of Mana as though they were lullabies.
The 12 songs appearing from Secret of Mana are as follows.
- “Angel’s Fear” (Opening)
- “A Phantom… and Rose…” (Ruins)
- “Into the Thick of It” (Dungeon)
- “The Color of the Summer Sky” (Town)
- “Secret of the Arid Sands” (Desert)
- “What the Forest Taught Me” (Forest)
- “Spirit of the Night” (Sad Theme)
- “Calm before the Storm” (Victory)
- “A Dark Star” (Flight)
- “Leave Time for Love” (Final Dungeon)
- “Now Flightless Wings” (Ending)
- “Memories of Mana” (Original)
Prescription for Sleep: Lullabies of Mana is immediately available for $9.99. It is the third in Scarlet Moon’s Prescription for Sleep series. The previous two, Prescription for Sleep Volumes I and II, also featured performances by Gentle Love as they performed renditions of songs from Final Fantasy, DuckTales, Metal Gear Solid, The Elder Scrolls, Demon’s Souls, and The Legend of Zelda.