The official page for Raiden V: Director’s Cut has been revealed, showing a July 25, 2019 release date for the game, rather than the previously suggested June 2019 date.
Here’s a description of the game according to UFO Interactive:
Arcade hit Raiden first left its mark on the shooting genre 25 years ago. The easy to learn, hard to master series comes to the Nintendo Switch in its most modern and advanced form yet! Join the war for Earth’s future-where the tide of battle holds constant surprises.
• Story Mode – All new story full of twists and turns! The story alters depending on your performance!
• Boss Mission – Defeat bosses under special conditions and compete in the leaderboards!
• Gallery – Dozens of character, concept, and game art waiting to be unearthed!
• Supports 1 – 2 players (offline)
• New ship damage system (uses health bar, not lives)
• 3 distinct ships with different Defense, Mobility, and sub-weapons
• New “Cheer Attack” that greatly boosts sub-weapons for a short time
• Voice Acting for the first time in the series
• Director’s Cut exclusive levels
Additionally, here are some new screenshots for the game below:
According to Nintendo’s page, the game will be 3.7GB, and as usual, Nintendo Switch Online is required to use the online features.
Raiden V: Director’s Cut releases on Nintendo Switch on July 25, 2019. The game is available on PlayStation 4 and PC. You can watch the trailer for the game in our previous report here.