Ahead of the ReCore: Definitive Edition’s launch this week, details going over exactly what will be added to this version of the game have been released. We knew that T8-NK, a new Corebot, and an Eye of Obsidian adventure would be included. But now there is specific information going over all inclusions.
Eye of Obsidian is a chapter involving the Starving Sea. This is an entirely new ReCore: Definitive Edition region with dynamic sandstorms in its Shifting Sands area. It will have two overworlds and 10 dungeons. While there, Joule will be working with V1-0LT to explore this region. She can also find more Prismatic Cores, and access three new Energy Rifle modes.
Here is the full list of ReCore: Definitive Edition changes.
- “Eye of Obsidian” is a brand new chapter in the ReCore story. Join the plucky Corebot, Violet, and journey into the permanent midnight of the “Starving Sea”, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge on the last remnants of humankind!
- T8-NK Corebot (“Tank”)
New Areas to Explore
- 2 New Overworlds
- 10 New Dungeons
- Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s Shifting Sands regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot.
New Weapon Modes
- 3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle (switch to these instead of the charge shot)
- When dying, reload times for combat encounters went from 30-60 seconds to < 5 seconds
- Restarting traversals and arenas are now instantaneous (was a load before)
- Optimized Level/Area Load Times
- Added P-Cores for additional game play rewards and made them show up on the map from greater distances
- P-Core requirements fixed to a single value for the entire E-Tower. (Once you’re in the E-Tower, you no longer need additional cores.)
- The Map displays everything that needs to be collected (audio logs, chests, prismatic cores)
- The Map shows all visual parts of dungeon maps
- Objective Markers improved
- Map improvements (greater visual detail, better iconography, improved zoom functionality, more game elements show up like power cells, audio logs, etc)
- Fast Travel points now allow the player to complete Stash Transfers, Swap Cores and set their Companion Party Configuration without having to go back to the Sandcrawler
- The player can now warp anywhere there is a Fast Travel node via the Map
- Intra-Level (e.g. within The Cradle) fast travel warping is now instantaneous
- Added a few new Fast Travel nodes (Granite Steps, Lonely Basin, The Cradle)
- All new AoK gear for all Corebots
- Armor stats now make each Set vastly different from one another & the Perks have been refined and polished
- Blueprint Inventory now sorts by Armor Type, Color and LVL requirement
- Improved the Combo Meter to encourage much higher combo amounts, with the ability to chain combos for a longer period of time.
- At high combos (more than x10), the player now keeps some of the combo meter after using an extract!
- Global weapon tuning, enemy health and damage balancing, and late game encounter improvements
- Enhanced visuals (increased resolution and HDR support)
- 20 New Achievements and 500 gamerscore.
- Increased level cap from 30 to 40
- 4 new bosses and Tank challenges
- Various UX and Feedback fixes (Core Pulling HUD, Combo Counter feedback & wordsmithing, menu navigation)
- Audio for pickups, combat feedback, rewards improved
- Dialogue from Corebots and Violet is no longer in the Corebot language and is now readable
ReCore: Definitive Edition releases on August 29, 2017 for the Xbox One and PC for $19.99. Those who own ReCore will receive a free upgrade to its Definitive Edition.