Koei Tecmo has revealed more details on Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack’s trade system with foreign Eurasian empires. A faction will first need to gain a geographical advantage on specified provinces in China that grants access to trade with the foreign empires. Once the trade link is established, the ruler must send officers as delegations to the foreign nation. As the relationship improves, the faction will eventually obtain exclusive items and tactics from that nation.
The Roman Empire was known in China as Daqin. Access to trade with the famous empire is available to the faction that controls the city of Luoyang in Sili province. Trading with Daqin will let you obtain the following items:
- The Art of Tactics – Increases Leadership stat by 10 and guarantees withdrawal from battles
- Legion – Shortens the cooldown period after activating tactics
- Catapult Tactics – Allows catapult formations to attack from a longer distance
- Shield Wall Tome – Grants a tactic that improves unit defense in the allied area while healing wounded troops
The Parthian Empire was known as Anxi. To enable trade with Anxi, a faction has to control the Jingzhao province that consists of Changan, Wan, and Shangyong.
- Arash’s Bow – Increases Strength stat by 10 and guarantees withdrawal from battles
- Cataphract – Strengthens the effect of the Damage tactic
- Persian Cavalry – Improves defense when using the Awl formation
- Parthian Shot Tome – Grants a tactic that causes damage and disorder to enemy area units.
The Kushan Empire was also known as Guishang. The faction that has a geographical advantage in the Yi Province, which includes the cities of Chengdu and Hanzhong, will be allowed to trade with this empire.
- Buddhist Sutra – Increases Intelligence stat by 10 and extends the owner’s lifespan
- Amitabha – Prolongs the effect duration of the tactic that applies all status ailments
- Chakravarti Transportation – Increases movement of Transport formations on Mountain terrains
- Asura Formation Tome – Grants a tactic that damages enemy area units while decreasing their defense.
India was known in China as Tianzhu. Conquering Jiao Province, which contains the cities of Nanhai and Jiaozhi in the south, will let the faction send a delegation with ships to India and obtain the following items.
- Manusmriti – Increases Politics stat by 10 and extends the owner’s lifespan
- Arthasastra – Increases all development values in the area
- Garuda Formation – Improves the Crane formation’s Maneuver, Siege, and Demolition parameters
- War Elephant Tome – Grants a tactic that damages enemy area units and durability
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIV Diplomacy and Strategy Expansion Pack will be available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. It will be released first in Japan and Asia on December 10, 2020. The Western releases will follow suit on February 11, 2021.