Square Enix is releasing the PlayStation Vita and smartphone version of Romancing SaGa 2 this Thursday, and they revealed that the game won’t be compatible with the PlayStation TV. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Producer Masanori Ichikawa said during a Romancing SaGa 2 early-play livestream that the PlayStation Vita version won’t be compatible with the PlayStation TV.
Additionally, he was asked which one is better between the PS Vita and smartphone version, to which he responded by saying that the PS Vita has slightly lower specs, so the smartphone version has better response time with less slowdown from processing.
Here are some other notes from the livestream:
- They did their best to make the smartphone version be as good as the Vita one [in terms of control and feeling] but in the end, they admit that having physical directional keys makes it easier for some parts.
- A smartphone of iPhone 5’s specs or higher run the game with no problem. The game was made so that it can be played on lower-end smartphones.
- The smartphone version won’t support game pads.
- The Vita version will have an instruction manual, and trophy support.
- Most of the staff prefer the Vita version.
- They say to look at the pros and cons if you’re wondering about which version to get.
Romancing SaGa 2 will release in Japan on March 24 for PlayStation Vita and smartphone.