Square Enix revealed that the 1993 action RPG Secret of Mana is getting a 3D remake on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita with a February 15, 2018 release.
Here are some details from the game’s Steam page:
Originally released in 1993, “Secret of Mana” is by far the most popular title in the “Mana” series. Now it’s finally getting a long-awaited, full 3D remake!
The game faithfully retells the beloved story while adopting modern 3D graphics and controls. It will feature a newly arranged musical score, voiced characters and new content.
The adventure of Randi, Primm, and Popoi is reborn in the new “Secret of Mana“!
- Moogle Suit DLC – Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of the characters.
- Tiger Two Piece DLC -Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Primm.
- Tiger Suit DLC – Equippable armor that can be used in game. This special piece of equipment also changes the appearance of Randi and Popoi.
- Custom downloadable wallpaper (sizes: 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1920 x 1080, 2560 x 1600)
- 3D Graphics – Revamped visuals for the entire game; a vivid, Mana-filled world rebuilt in 3D!
- Upgraded Gameplay – The original system has been reworked in an effort to realize a modern action RPG with improved gameplay.
A leak of the game appeared earlier over at Reddit where a user found a now-deleted post on PlayStation Latin America’s official Facebook page with an early announcement showing the same February 15, 2018 release date for PS4 and PS Vita.