A Sega pop-up shop in Tokyo’s Akihabara district will be selling merchandise of classic Sega games, including a pub mirror with the Altered Beast logo. Other goods will feature Sonic the Hedgehog, Jet Set Radio, the Sega Genesis, and more. The pop-up shop will run from June 15 to July 3, 2022. Prices range from ¥500 (about $3) to ¥8,800 (about $66). [Thanks, Famitsu!]
The pop-up shop will appear at The Akihabara Container event space. It will prominently feature classic and popular Sega franchises and products. Merchandise includes acrylic stands, reusable bags, cocktail glasses, jackets, shirts, and coasters. Featured franchises include arcade and console titles, such as Sonic the Hedgehog 3, Feel the Magic: XY/XX, Puyo Puyo 2, Jet Set Radio, Comix Zone, Fantasy Zone, and Space Harrier. There is even a holographic sticker of the Sega AM2 development team logo.
Below is a list of the available merchandise:
- Altered Beast premium pub mirror – ¥8,800
- Sonic the Hedgehog classic & big acrylic stand – ¥3,850
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 pixel mascot – Capsule gacha, ¥500 per try
- Puyo Puyo 2 VS acrylic mascot – Capsule gacha, ¥500 per try
- Sega Genesis cocktail glass – ¥1,980
- AM2 R&D rainbow holographic sticker – ¥550
- Pins Geek Feel the Magic: XY/XX goldfish – ¥1,100
- Feel the Magic: XY/XX “Have it!” reusable bag – ¥1,100
- Jet Set Radio Future “Graffiti Soul” track jacket – ¥7,480
- Comix Zone “Sketch” t-shirt – ¥3,850
- Feel the Magic: XY/XX t-shirt – ¥3,850
- Jet Set Radio “Graffiti Soul” rubber coaster – ¥880
- Space Harrier “Prologue” work shirt – ¥7,150
- Fantasy Zone “Epilogue” work shirt – ¥7,150
Additionally, to celebrate the release anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog on July 26, each purchase over ¥7,260 will come with a free Sonic the Hedgehog tote bag. Furthermore, The Akihabara Container Twitter account will hold a retweet campaign. One winner will receive a classic Sonic the Hedgehog pub mirror.
You can get a better look at some of the merchandise, including the Altered Beast mirror, below:
The Sega pop-up shop in Akihabara will run from June 15 to July 3, 2022.