Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Studio Executive Producer Yasutaka Asakura took to the PlayStation Blog to give us a better look at the fine details of the Shadow of the Colossus remake.
First, here’s a look at a comparison trailer showing the original PS2 version, PS3 version, and the remake on PS4 Pro.
Though we have repeatedly confirmed that Shadow of the Colossus on PS4 is a full, ground up remake of the all-time classic, it is a fact that is harder to communicate via text or stills. To make it more clear, we have created a comparison video, which you can watch above, that shows the amount of work that has gone into this project to fully leverage the horsepower of modern gaming consoles.
PlayStation 4 Pro users will get to take advantage of two play options:
- Cinematic – Emphasizes image quality, and for owners of compatible 4K HDR displays, boasts a beautiful dynamic 4K image targeting 30 fps
- Performance – delivers an extremely fluid frame rate targeting 60 fps
Lastly, here’s a look at the Shadow of the Colossus Special Edition Box Set that was revealed, and it’ll be available for $49.99. It comes with the following:
- Steelbook Collector’s Case with outer sleeve
- Artist Postcards
- Printed Manual
- In-game Digital Extras (Ancient Bow, Cloak of Fate, “Spotted Steed” Agro skin)
- Two Custom PS4 Themes
- Colossi Avatar Set for PS4
- Physical World Map
- Colossi Stickers.
Shadow of the Colossus releases on February 6, 2018 for PlayStation 4.