We now know the entire cast of voice actors for Shadow Galactica in the Sailor Moon Cosmos movies. For reference, Shadow Galactica is the antagonistic group of the Stars arc. This announcement reveals nine voice actors in total. They’ll be joining veteran voice actresses such as Marina Inoue and Saori Hayami. [Thanks, Oricon!]
Here are the new voice actors who will be in Sailor Moon Cosmos:
- Sailor Aluminum Siren: Ayumu Murase (Venti in Genshin Impact)
- Sailor Chi: Fumie Mizusawa (Ayako Mitsuzuri in Fate/stay Night)
- Sailor Heavy Metal Papillon: Haruka Kudo (Hagumi Hanamoto in Honey and Clover)
- Sailor Iron Mouse: Sena Koizumi (First major anime role)
- Sailor Lethe: Shiori Mikami (Melissabelle in Granblue Fantasy)
- Sailor Mnemosyne: Kanae Ito (Crestia Bell/Suzuno Kamazuki in The Devil is a Part-Timer)
- Sailor Phi: Yuka Komatsu (Scanty in Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt)
- Sailor Red Crow: Yoko Hikasa (Madam M in Final Fantasy VII Remake)
- Sailor Tin Nyanko: Mariya Ise (Killua in Hunter x Hunter 2011)
All of the characters above have the word “Sailor” before their title, much like how the Sailor Senshi do.
In the lore of Sailor Moon, Sailor Galaxia created Shadow Galactica, which is an empire that aims to collect Sailor Crystals. Other Sailor Guardians joined her as she went around destroying worlds for Sailor Crystals. Several of the above characters, such as Sailors Phi and Chi, were not in the 90s anime. So the Sailor Moon Cosmos will be the animated debuts of these Shadow Galactica members.
Part 1 of Sailor Moon Cosmos will debut on June 9, 2023, and the second part will debut on June 30, 2023.