A Shaman King Flowers anime, based on the sequel of Hiroyuki Takei’s
First, here’s the key visual:
Shaman King Flowers follows the children of the Shamans from the original Shaman King. Hana Asakura, the protagonist of the sequel, is the son of Yoh Asakura and Anna Kyoyama. The manga originally ran from 2012 to 2014. Though Hana is the next head of the Asakura family, he feels frustrated that he cannot find a place to use his Shaman powers. However, a meeting with assassins Yohane and Ruka, who are members of the Asakura branch family, triggers the beginning of a new battle.
The cast for Shaman King Flowers so far is as follows:
- Amidamaru: Katsuyuki Konishi (reprising his role as Amidamaru)
- Alumi Niumbirch: Sumire Uesaka (Saeko in Yakuza: Like a Dragon)
- Gakko Ibuki: Michiko Kaiden (Dorio in Cyberpunk: Edgerunners)
- Hana Asakura: Yoko Hikasa (Yoh Asakura from Shaman King)
- Tao Men: Romi Paku (Tao Ren in Shaman King)
Here’s the first PV:
Yoko Hikasa commented that though Shaman King has ended, Yoh and Hana’s world have not and she will put her all into voicing Hana. She also states that Yoh and Hana are two completely different people and she hopes that viewers can see the good parts of Hana’s personality when watching the show.
The Shaman King Flowers anime will start airing in Japan from January 2024.