Pre-orders for Shenmue I & II went live today over at the Microsoft Store and it appears to have leaked the release date ahead of time with August 21 for the upcoming HD remasters. [Thanks, @Wario64.]
The August 21 release date for Shemue I & II is also mentioned over at Major Nelson as well.
Here are the details from the product page:
A tale of revenge.
In 1986, teenage jujitsu artist Ryo Hazuki returns to the dojo of his father, Iwao Hazuki, only to witness his murder by a Chinese man, Lan Di. Lan Di steals a mysterious artifact known as the Dragon Mirror. Ryo vows to avenge his father’s death and sets out tracing Lan Di’s path.
The best Shenmue experience:
- Updated user interface
- Choice of modern or classic controls
- Japanese audio available for the first time for a global audience
- Fully scalable screen resolutions
The world feels alive:
- Talk to anyone, scour the world for clues
- NPCs live independent lives on their own schedule
- Faithful recreations of 1980s Japan and Hong Kong, China
- Distract yourself with arcade games, collectibles, duck racing, and more
We’ll take it with a grain of salt for now until we get an official announcement from Sega.
Shenmue I & II are headed to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2018.