Sega announced that the upcoming RPG Shining Resonance Refrain will release in North America and Europe on July 10 for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Here’s a new Meet the Heroes trailer that introduces the members of the “band”:
Play as Yuma Ilvern and stop the Empire from exploiting the power of the ancient dragons, including the soul of the Shining Dragon within you. With the help of your friends, realize your destiny, save Astoria, and unleash the strength you’ve always had locked away.
In the original game, previously released only in Japan, Imperial Princess Excella was an unplayable character, but in the new “Refrain Mode” in Shining Resonance Refrain, both she and Dragonslayer Jinas can be added as party members for a new experience – just be sure to save this for your second playthrough to avoid any spoilers! As an added bonus, all of the extra cosmetic items and side quests are included in this remaster.
Dragons were long thought to be extinct, and because Yuma holds the ability to transform into the Shining Dragon, he was taken as a captive of the Empire. With the help of the Dragoneers, Sonia, princess of Astoria, pleads with Yuma to aid them in their fight to save their land from the Empire’s dominion. Typically timid, will Yuma find the courage to realize the strength he has within him?
- Beautifully rendered 3D character models that bring the 2D artwork of Tony Taka to life
- Dynamic and frenetic real-time action combat – Combat supported by music element, B.A.N.D. system, to enhance your powers in battle
- Play as a Dragon – unleash devastating attacks on your foes
- Refrain Mode introduces previously unplayable characters into your party
- All extra cosmetic content and the original’s DLC is included
Shining Resonance Refrain releases in North America and Europe On July 10, 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.