Colopl recently announced that they’re bringing Shironeko Project (White Cat Project) to Switch, and producer Hiroki Asai shared some insight on it in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Hachima.]
Here are highlights from the interview:
- Asai-san hopes to make fans happy by further expanding on the world of Shironeko project.
- The reason they went with Switch is because it’s a home console that you can also freely pick up and play on the go. Again, he felt a great potential for Shironeko with the possibility of gathering with friends to play the game.
- The genre won’t be changing and will remain a cooperative-type of RPG. It’ll put the Switch’s specs and controllers to full use, and do things that weren’t possible on the smartphone version.
- The characters are and story are expected to be different from the smartphone version.
- That doesn’t mean existing characters won’t make an appearance, but it also means that they won’t simply take contents from the smartphone version and throw it into the new game.
Shironeko New Project for Nintendo Switch is expected to release in 2020. More information will be shared later. You can get a glimpse of the game with a teaser trailer in our previous report.