Yacht Club Games announced that Shovel Knight will soon become Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, and you’ll have the new option to purchase each campaign for standalone games on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC/Mac/Linux, and Nintendo Switch.
In addition to the updated name and campaign purchase option, Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, the game’s upcoming free expansion will also be released for Switch.
Here’s more information from the game’s official website:
Body Swap Mode to be Available With Specter of Torment Launch
Body Swap Mode is complete and will be included for Shovel Knight’s campaign!! Get ready for sprites and illustrations of all-new designs for body-swapped versions of the main characters as the release draws closer. To get you primed, here’s your first look at body-swapped Shovel Knight and Shield Knight!!
Two Player Co-op
Finally!! After many requests! Grab a friend and rejoice! Local two player co-op in Shovel Knight’s campaign is coming as a free update to all console and PC platforms (3DS/Vita not included). amiibo not required!
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope – Shovel of Hope is our new name for the original Shovel Knight game, since it needed a title like the others. What do you think!? Rewatch the adventure here.
- Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows – Plague Knight’s Campaign emerges from the Shadows to hopefully get some recognition this time! Watch it all here.
- Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment – Specter of Torment is our most expansive campaign yet. We’re so excited for you to become the reaper! See Specter Knight in action here.
Later in 2017 the following will release (names TBD):
- Shovel Knight: King Knight’s Campaign – A crazy campaign with the gilded goob himself!
- Shovel Knight: Battle Mode – Duel with up to 4 players as your favorite heroic or villainous knight! (3DS/Vita not included)
Yacht Club Games will also be raising the price of Shovel Knight this spring, but all owners of the game on all platforms will automatically get Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove and will continue getting planned free campaigns and features through updates.
King Knight’s campaign and the 4-player Battle Mode are still on the horizon for 2017.