Sony has announced it will be decommissioning servers for six games. As of July 1, 2017, the online components for four PlayStation 3 games, one PlayStation 4 game, and one PlayStation Vita game will be inaccessible. Among them is Kill Strain, a free-to-play 5v5v2 twin-stick action-shooter that is an entirely multiplayer experience.
Here is the list of games which will have their online features shut down.
- High Velocity Bowling (PlayStation 3)
- Kill Strain (PlayStation 4)
- Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest (PlayStation 3)
- Modnation Racers: Road Trip (PlayStation Vita)
- Sports Champions (PlayStation 3)
- Sports Champions 2 (PlayStation 3)
Of the six games, High Velocity Bowling is the oldest. It made its debut in North America on December 6, 2007. Kill Strain is the most recent one in the group, having launched on July 12, 2016 in North America and Europe.