Sony announced that a patch for MotorStorm is due to come out on June 7th and it adds in a new Time Attack mode. In Time Attack players can race against a ghost and if your score gets onto the global leader boards your ghost is automatically updated. An additional feature in Time Attack mode is you can set up to seven ghosts in a race from the leaderboards or from your friends. The patch is also improves online stability and your buddy list to a maximum of 50 friends.
1. Game List Improvement
– ‘Game Status’ is now displayed with the game list in the online lobby making it easier to find a session where you’ll be able to join and race promptly.
2. Host Identification
– Within the game lobby the host is now clearly identified by a ‘host’ icon visible to all players and updated during host migration.
3. Boost Exploit
– A bug involving the boost system that allowed a player to use boost in an exploitative manner has been resolved.
4. Buddy List Size
– This has been updated to support up to 50 friends.
5. Text Cut-off
– When playing in standard definition all messages will now display as intended.
6. Improved Stability Online
– Online gameplay stability has been improved.
7. Audio issues
– All known issues with 5.1 / 7.1 surround have been fixed. Audio issues within the front-end have been resolved.
8. Player Ranking
– Players were found to be ranked incorrectly due to a bug. Because of this all online rankings will be reset and the ranking system should now function correctly. Evolution and Sony apologize for this measure but it will result in a fairer and more stable ranking system for all players.
– Races will be forced to start after a fixed countdown which should dramatically reduce the waiting times in lobbies. Hosts may delay this countdown up to three times.
10. Save Data Corruption
– When quitting the game using the PS button it was possible to corrupt the save game data. This will no longer occur.
11. Lobby Information
– Upcoming track and current lap details will be displayed in lobbies.
12. Vehicle Damage
– When restarting a single player race during a death camera the damage wasn’t always reset at the start of the next race. This has now been resolved.
13. Missing Audio
– Audio effects were missing from the death camera, these have now been reinstated.
14. Name Tags
– Added ability to switch the player name tags on / off during online races using a single button press (L1).