Bandai Namco recently launched Soulcalibur: Lost Swords, a free-to-play and single player take on the series, featuring Ivy, Astaroth, Nightmare, and more. It has similar micro-transactions to their other F2P title in Tekken Revolution, but we’re not sure “micro” these transactions feel.
While you don’t need to pay for the items to play the game like Tekken Revolution or Mobile Suit Gundam: Battle Operation, they will definitely come in handy if you’d like to play more. Here’s a look at some of the paid items you can get in the game:
- Treasure Box: 1 random rare weapon or armor (1 for 300 yen or 6 for 1,500 yen)
- AP Recovery Potion: recovers your AP to take on quests. (It recovers over time, otherwise it’s 100 yen for one recovery potion or 11 for 1,100 yen)
- Continue Ticket: allows you to continue your quest if you get a game-over, keeping acquired items and enemy HP to the way it was before falling (1 for 100 yen or 11 for 1,000 yen)
- Maximum Soldier Number Up: increase the maximum number of allies by 10 (300 yen)
- Maximum Equipment and Item Box Number Up: increase the number of items you can have in both boxes by 10 (300 yen)
Soulcalibur: Lost Swords is currently available in Japan with a release window of spring 2014 in Europe for PlayStation 3.