SoulCalibur VI introduces the new Reversal Edge and other new features that key developers recently talked about in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Here are highlights from the interview:
- The “Reversal Edge” can be performed with a single button. While pressing the button it blocks all attacks from high, middle, low, and grabs.
- When you let go of the button the character will slash and enter a scene.
- There are some moves that you can only pull off by consuming your Soul Charge and powering up.
- The “Lethal Hit” is an advanced system where landing certain moves in the right condition will send the opponent flying.
- Since there wasn’t any 3D fighters with weapons on current generation consoles, the team felt that they needed to make a new SoulCalibur.
- The setting will take us back in time, into the year 1586. The keyword here is “reboot.”
- Please look forward to collaborations with other works!
- The team is focusing on making enjoyable sword fights with the press of a button using Reversal Edge.
- Some commands that were difficult to pull off up until now have also been made to activate with just one button.
- The Guard Impact no longer consumes your meter.
- The team is getting help from a surprising amount of outside developers.
- Character creation is something appealing that can’t be taken away, so keep an eye out for that.
- Development is currently 70% complete.
SoulCalibur VI releases in 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.