Nintendo has announced that Splatoon will be updated to version 2.4.0 later today, bringing with it adjustments to matchmaking, Rainmaker, and stages, as well as some battle fixes.
In addition, maintenance on Splatoon will be taking place tomorrow and all network services for the game will be affected at the following times:
- 4:50 PM PT – 6 PM PT
- 7:50 PM ET – 9 PM ET
- 12:50 AM in the UK (Friday) – 2 AM in the UK (Friday)
- 1:50 AM in Europe (Friday) – 3 AM in Europe (Friday)
To see all of the changes being made in version 2.4.0, you can check out the full patch notes below.
- In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.
- Added prohibited areas in Walleye Warehouse, Saltspray Rig, Arowana Mall, and Flounder Heights in Rainmaker mode.When players enter the prohibited area while carrying the Rainmaker, the amount of time they are allowed to hold the Rainmaker will decrease faster as a penalty.
- Arowana Mall: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Port Mackerel: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Flounder Heights: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in all modes.
- Museum D’Alfonsino: Adjustments will be made to prevent users from taking certain shortcuts in Rainmaker mode.
- Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the countdown moves more than usual when a player gets the Rainmaker in the air.
- Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which the bombs’ blast waves inflict damage on the Rainmaker shield even when there are obstacles between the bomb and the shield.
- Fix the issue in Rainmaker mode in which Splash Walls placed near each other by the same team take damage when one of them blocks an ink splat.
- Fix the issue in which bombs that are thrown near a wall do not fly straight and makes contact with the wall.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Splatoon is available for the Wii U.