A major, much requested feature has been added to Spyro Reignited Trilogy. The game now offers subtitles. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One owners who download the March 12, 2019 patch will now be able to see subtitles in Spyro the Dragon, Spyro 2: Ripto’s Rage! and Spyro: Year of the Dragon.
After downloading Spyro Reignited Trilogy update 1.03 for the PlayStation 4 or 1.02 for the Xbox One, people will find the subtitle toggle in the options menu. Every language has subtitles to go with it, and there are also character headers so you can tell who is saying each line.
People have been asking about Spyro Reignited Trilogy subtitles since the game’s November 13, 2018 launch. At the time, Activision issued a statement to Gamepitt and noted the versions of the games in the collection had received new localizations that weren’t previously available. The company representative also said, “While there’s no industry standard for subtitles, the studio and Activision care about the fans’ experience especially with respect to accessibility for people with different abilities, and will evaluate going forward.”
Here are the full Spyro Reignited Trilogy patch notes from the official website.
- Added subtitles in all languages (across all three games) for previously unsupported cinematics, including:
- Character headers to identify active speakers
- Succinct line splits for readability
- Colored text for improved character association in most languages
- Subtitle on/off toggle added under the Options menu
- Added an option to toggle motion blur on/off under the Options → Camera menu
- Fixed progression and completion bugs impacting Wizard Peak, Hurricos, Fracture Fills, Lost Fleet, Fireworks Factory, and Charmed Ridge
- Fixed camera bugs in Sgt. Byrd’s Base and Dino Mines
- Stability improvement fix in Spider Town
- Additional misc. bug-fixes and improvements impacting Glimmer and Ripto’s Arena
Spyro Reignited Trilogy is immediately available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As a reminder, a German GameStop listing suggested in February 2019 that the collection might also be headed to the Nintendo Switch.