Square Enix’s executive producer Yosuke Saito announced a new virtual idol project during a recent live stream with “Gems Company,” featuring 11 idols and music handled by Monaca.
The project is done in collaboration with DearStage, the talent production company behind Dempagumi.inc and more. Its music is being handled by Monaca, the music studio created by Keiichi Okabe, best known as the composer for the NieR and Drakengard series. Monaca also worked on series such as A Channel, Aikatsu!,SINoALICE, and plenty more.
Here’s an introduction trailer for the 11 virtual idols of Gems Company:
You can find the YouTube channels and Twitters of the idols below, in order of appearance from the trailer:
- Uta Tamane – YouTube/Twitter
- Hinaka Hoshina – YouTube/Twitter
- Nene Naninu – YouTube/Twitter
- Reika Arisugawa – YouTube/Twitter
- Shizuku Otowa – YouTube/Twitter
- Yuzuki Shirono – YouTube/Twitter
- Aoi Mizushina – YouTube/Twitter
- Mikoto Hase – YouTube/Twitter
- Yukino Akaba – YouTube/Twitter
- Maya Ichimonji – YouTube/Twitter
- Nadeshiko Hanabishi – YouTube/Twitter
The project started back in April of this year with live streams and video uploads from the virtual idols. According to producer Saito, after seeing Hatsune Miku live in New York, he was shocked as though struck in the head by lightning, and decided that he wanted to make something with idols, and that was one of the reasons he started Gems Company.
In addition to more programs coming up soon via YouTube and NicoNico Live, we’ll be seeing more of the virtual idols at Tokyo Game Show next month. Square Enix and DearStage are also holding an audition for new virtual idol members until September 4, so we might see a bigger Gems Company virtual family the next time we see them.