Square Enix had its financial results briefing, where they had a lot to share about Nintendo Switch support, including plans to “aggressively” work on mid-ranged titles for the platform.
Here are highlights from The Wall Street Journal reporter Takashi Mochizuki:
- Switch’s core architecture similar to PS4/Xbox One. Some adjustment necessary, but multi-platform games not impossible
- Think Switch’s momentum is very strong
- Nintendo doing great is great for us
- Switch’s positioning is unique vs PS4 & Xbox One
- Switch’s one ideal platform to put middle-range games, which got tough to achieve business success. SquareEnix’s good at making these games, so would work on these aggressively
- (When consider games for Switch), we won’t rule out any IPs. Those include new ones, currently active ones, currently not-active ones.
- Probably other platforms will get these too as part of multi, but we would aggressively make games for Switch