Disney announced a release date for Star Wars: Visions, a series of nine short anime films from seven different studios. (Both Science Saru and Studio Trigger each worked on two shorts.) They will begin appearing on Disney+ on September 22, 2021. It also shared two versions of the new trailer. One features an English dub, and the other Japanese voice acting with English subs.
As a reminder, here is the full list of studios working on short films for the series.
- Gene Studio – “Lop and Ocho.” It is best known for Golden Kamuy.
- Kamikaze Douga – “The Duel.” It worked on Pop Team Epic and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventures openings for series like Stardust Crusaders.
- Kinema Citrus – “The Village Bride.” It worked on Is the Order a Rabbit, Made in Abyss, The Rising of the Shield Hero and Revue Starlight.
- Production IG – “The Ninth Jedi.” In addition for cutscenes for the Tales series and Persona 5, it also worked on shows like Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Moriarty the Patriot, xxxHolic, and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
- Science Saru – “Akakiri” and “T0-B1.” It’s worked on shows like Devilman Crybaby, Japan Sinks: 2020, and Adventure Time: Food Chain.
- Studio Colorido – “Tatooine Rhapsody.” Most recently, it worked on Pokemon: Twilight Wings and Burn the Witch.
- Studio Trigger – “The Elder” and “The Twins.” In addition to animations for games like Indivisible and Shantae, it worked on films like Promare and Little Witch Academia and on series like Darling in the Franxx, SSSS.Gridman, BNA: Brand New Animal, and Kill la Kill.
First, here’s the trailer showing off the English dub for this Star Wars anime series of short films.
And here’s the Star Wars: Visions trailer with English subtitles and Japanese voice acting.
Star Wars: Visions will come to Disney+ on September 22, 2021.