Experience announced during their 10th anniversary event this weekend that they’re releasing New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City, an updated version of the dungeon crawler RPG for PS Vita. [Thanks, Game Jouhou.]
Here are some additional tidbits about the updated version of the game:
- Elsa from Students of the Round will make an appearance as part of a dungeon event.
- Additional new classes in “Clocker” and “Puppeteer.”
- New “Guard Counter” system.
- Battle, base, dungeon, 25 item, and 70 areas will see adjustments and improvements.
- In addition to Clocker and Puppeteer, the game will have 11 classes compared to the 8 in the original version.
- Clockers are mage knights that are able to control time. Part of their bodies are mechanized and they’re able to control time for multiple actions at once.
- Puppeteers use skills with “suggestions” on the battle field. For example, if a leader monster retreats to the back of the pack, you’ll be able to put a Suggestion on it and make it go to the front row.
- Another new feature is the “Subjugation Challenge.” This mode lets you get extra rewards for taking down enemies with an appropriate lineage class level.
- As for the Guard Counter, it lets you see through an enemy attack for a chance to land your own powerful attack to knock them out in a hit.
- New Soul Relief events will be added to certain NPCs.
The game is set for release on July 21, 2016 for PlayStation Vita. There will only be 5,000 first-print editions of the game, which features a novel written by Benny Matsuyama as a 5,000 yen bundle. Additionally, those with the previous version of the game can upgrade to the newer version for 1,800 yen.