In celebration of the fighting game series’ 30th anniversary during Capcom Cup 2017, Capcom revealed Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection that comes with 12 iconic games for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Since its debut in 1987, Street Fighter has appeared in arcades around the world with over 60 characters, 80 titles, 40 million units sold, and now you can have 12 iconic titles under the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection. Here are the titles:
- Street Fighter
- Street Fighter II
- Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
- Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
- Super Street Fighter II
- Super Street Fighter II: Turbo
- Street Fighter Alpha
- Street Fighter Alpha 2
- Street Fighter Alpha 3
- Street Fighter III
- Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact
- Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
- Online Play – Have the desire to duke it out against fighters around the world? Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting, Super Street Fighter II: Turbo, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike are all playable online! In addition to Ranked and Casual Matches, up to four players can join a lobby where they can play against the CPU while waiting for their next match – a throwback to those days of waiting for a second player to challenge you in the arcades. Each of these titles will have their own global leaderboard to ensure bragging rights can be proved. Online play also features “rewind” technology that provides low-latency matches with the ability to adjust your own input latency via the in-game menu.
- Museum – Bask in the nostalgic feels of Street Fighter in the Museum, a collection of stunning concept art, pitch documents, and little-known facts behind each game’s release.
- Interactive Timeline – Who needs time travel when you have the Interactive Timeline where you can browse all 30 years of Street Fighter and see how the series has evolved.
- Character Bios – Did you know Chun-Li likes crepes? See how your favorite characters have changed over time by reading up on their backgrounds, stories, and personal traits. You can even view each character’s sprites and animations in each title!
- Music Player – You won’t just see the history, you’ll also be able to hear it through the Music Player, so sit back and let the retro notes of memorable Street Fighter tracks flow through your ears. Find out if Guile’s Theme really does go with everything (It does)!
- Save States – Don’t worry about abandoning the fight in single-player modes! You can save your progress and resume at any time for any of the 12 titles.
The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection releases in May 2018 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC. It’ll go for $39.99 MSRP and more details will be revealed in 2018 leading up to its release.