Following an April 12, 2019 tease, Bandai Namco has come through with multiple updates for Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission on the Nintendo Switch and PC. In addition to a demo for both platforms, the first free update has been released and brought with it content from the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie, new Creation Mode elements, and other extras to hopefully enhance people’s experiences.
The Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission demo is available for both platforms. Once people grab it, they get a chance to see the campaign’s introduction and exclusive missions. As the game has a Creation Mode where people get to make their own cards, the trial will allow people to test a little of that out.
The free Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission update offers a balance of things designed to make the game as a whole better and celebrate Dragon Ball Super: Broly, which launched in Japan in December 2018 and other regions in January 2019. 14 of the 16 new cards are from that film, and there are 10 new Hero Lab Extra Missions and Camaraderie Bonuses for new characters. Creation Mode will give people a little more freedom, with new parts. There are 7 Super Attack accessories, 13 Ability Type accessories, 13 Super Attacks, 14 Abilities, and 16 Character Designs. However, on the Nintendo Switch, making a card with these new parts and using it in an Edit Mission will result in a connection error message at the moment, due to a bug. More background music and four battle stages also arrived.
However, this update may also make some people a little sad. Bulma has received a new voice actress as of this Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission update. Hiromi Tsuru, her original voice actress, passed away in November 2017. The new voice actress now appears. (Presumably, this is Aya Hisakawa, the new voice actress for the character, though the patch notes do not confirm it.)
Here is the trailer showcasing the additions found in the first Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission update.
Here is the full list of new Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission cards.
NEW CARD LIST:
- UM5-054 Vegeta：BR (SSGSS)
- UM6-050 Goku：BR (SSGSS)
- UM5-068 Broly：BR (Fury, Battle Suit)
- UM6-052 Vegeta：BR (SSG)
- UM5-059 Bulma：BR (Snowsuit)
- UM5-061 Gine：BR
- UM5-063 King Cold：BR
- UM6-058 Bardock：BR
- UM6-065 Broly：BR (Normal, Damaged suit)
- UM6-068 Cheelai：BR
- UM6-067 Lemo：BR
- UM5-065 Nappa：BR
- UMPW-01 : Goku: Zeno (SS4)
- UMPW-02 : Vegeta: Zeno (SS4)
- UMPW-03 : Trunks: Future (SS1) (Prison Suit)
- UMPW-04 : Sealas (Normal)
And here are the official patch notes for this update:
FREE UPDATE CONTENT
The Free Update for Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission features:
- 16 new cards with 14 coming from the movie Dragon Ball Super: Broly (Full list below)
- New content for the Creation Mode
- 13 Super Attacks
- 14 Abilities
- 16 Character designs
- 7 Accessories（Super Attack Type)
- 13 Accessories（Ability Type)
- 4 new battle stages
- 10 Extra Mission, available from the Hero Lab
- Added Camaraderie Bonus for newly added characters (11)
- Bulma’s voice in-game has been replaced by the voice of a new actress, following the passing away of the original voice actress.
- Background music new options: players can now customize the background music with theme songs from Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission and Dragon Ball Heroes anime series.
- Help text added in the Team Battle and DB Cup Online Menu screen.
SUPER DRAGON BALL HEROES WORLD MISSION – Version 1.01.01 Patch Notes
In addition to the Free Update, a patch has been deployed today to fix the most important issues reported after the launch of the game. More patches will be release later on to keep on improving the game experience.
The patch 1.01.01 fixes the following issues:
- Game crashes when starting a tournament in Hero Stadium with Dark Demon God as an avatar, in God Class Up or Super God Class Up.
- Trunks navigation voice disappears during the battle after playing mini game “Charge Impact” in the Hero Lab.
- When attempting an online battle while Trunks voice has disappeared, the game gets stuck when Pursuit chance appears.
- Reward conditions in Creation Mode do not work properly.
- Unlimited rewards glitch in the Creation Mode
IMPORTANT FOR NINTENDO SWITCH USERS:
The bug described below has been discovered after the patch has been submitted.
Using an original custom card created with elements from the Free Update (Character Stickers, Ability, Accessory item and Super Attack Accessory items) in an uploaded Edit Mission will prompt up a connection error message. Note that this error does not occur in Story mode.
The situation for this bug is still being investigating and we will be implementing a fix for this bug at the earliest convenience.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and we want to reassure users that we are currently working on a fix on this bug to be implemented as soon as possible. Again we would like to thank you all for the constant support for Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission .
Super Dragon Ball Heroes: World Mission is available for the Nintendo Switch and PC.