After delaying from spring to summer, Idea Factory International announced that Super Neptunia RPG will make its worldwide debut on PC on June 20 followed by its PS4 and Switch versions a few days later.
Here are the latest system details from the game’s official website:
Explore Dungeons with Side-Scrolling Action
There are monsters roaming within the dungeons. When Neptune touches a monster, a battle will begin. If you can land a symbol attack on a monster, you can start the battle with a slight advantage! There are also treasure boxes hidden within dungeons from which you can obtain items.
Within dungeons, you are able to jump, double jump, and even summon a squishy, pudding-like monster that can help you reach new heights.
Intuition & Strategy Battles!
Switch your Formation on the fly and gain the upperhand!
You can fight with up to 4 party members. As time passes, your AP (Action Points) will accumulate, and each character can use AP in order to activate their Skills. It will be important to learn enemy weaknesses in order to gain the advantage in battle. If you damage enemies with the element they’re weak to, your AP will recover as a bonus, and you can progress the battle smoothly.
1 – Displays the Formation type
The attack type for each character changes with each Formation.
There is a passive bonus for every Formation.
- Strike – A formation with a lot of physical attacks. There are also skills that give status effects and additional magic damage.
- Magic – A formation with a lot of magic skills. This formation is effective against enemies weak to magic.
- Support– A formation with skills that allow you to protect your party members and grant them buffs.
- Heal – A formation with many skills that heals HP and status effects.
2 – Goddess Gauage
The gauge necessary for Goddess Transformation.
3 – Party’s AP
This will increase as time passes.
4 – Break Attack Gauage
The gauge will increase when you attack enemies.
It will allow you to use a character’s special attack, their “Break Attack.”
5 – Enemy’s AP
This will increase as time passes.
Skills are attacks that characters can use with each Formation. You will be able to use them by either equipping items endowed with Skills or by learning said Skills.
You are able to use a Skill that is held by an item by equipping that item. By winning a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and by fulfilling the conditions, you will be able to learn the Skills held by that item. After learning the Skill, even if you unequip the item, you will still be able to use that Skill.
Skills Held by the Wooden Sword
- Area Edge – Inflicts physical damage to all enemies.
- Omni Might – Inflicts non-elemental magical damage to all enemies
- Drain Edge – Inflicts physical damage to one enemy and recovers 5% of max HP
In order to use Skills during battle, you must set them beforehand.
The Skills that you can set for each Formation differ.
- Selected Character (Character to change skills for) – You can switch characters with the L1 and R1 buttons.
- Skills set to the currently selected character
- Skills that can be used for each Formation
- Skill details
Only certain skills can be set for each Formation.
- Strike Formation – Skills that can be used in this Formation can be selected from the list below.
- Magic Formation – Skills that can be used in this Formation can be selected from the list below.
Formation Icon Explanation
Abilities are skills that strengthen and support a character.
They are held by equipment (weapons・armor・accessories), and you can set them by equipping said item or learning that Ability.
- HP Bonus – Increases max HP by 10%
- Blind Guard – Blind Guard (protects accuracy)
- Auto Wall – Wall (increases physical defense) activates at the start of battle
You can set Abilities by using Ability Points.
By unequipping Abilities, you will recover Ability Points.
(Ability Points will increase in accordance to a character’s level.)
By equipping an item that holds an Ability, you will be able to set that Ability.
When you win a battle, the items you have equipped will gain experience, and if the conditions are fulfilled, you can learn the Abilities they hold.
You can then set the Ability without having to equip the item.
Super Neptunia RPG releases worldwide for PC via Steam on June 20, 2019 with a 20% discount for its launch week. The game releases for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in North America on June 25, 2019 and in Europe on June 28, 2019.