Bandai Namco revealed in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation that Super Robot Wars X will have the EX Action and EX Order systems that were previously also used in Super Robot Wars V. The systems allow units and battleships to rack up points through kills, that can be spent for special effects. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089]
Here are the available EX Actions that can be used by spending ExC points, which can be stored to a maximum of 10:
- Trick Attack (NEW, 3 pts): Attacks do not use ammo for one battle exchange.
- Boost Dash (2 pts): Movement range increases by 2, ignoring terrain and obstacles.
- Direct Attack (2 pts): Nullifies Size Difference penalty and Pilot/Mech defensive skills.
- Smash Hit (3 pts): Guaranteed Critical Hit (1.25x damage) for one turn, which can stack with ‘Hot Blood’ or ‘Soul’ spirits.
- Multi Action (3 pts): Unit can move again if the enemy was destroyed in an exchange. Otherwise, effect continues.
Here are the available EX Orders, which are exclusive to battleships:
- Surrounding Command (NEW, 2 pts): Player unit pilots within four spaces receive +10 stats to Range, CQB, and Evade.
- Emergency Recovery (1 pt): Returns one ally unit within eight spaces to the battleship.
- Focus Gain (2 pts): One unit of choice within four spaces increases Focus by 10
- Action Recovery (5 pts): One unit of choice can perform another action.
On a related note, in an interview with Dengeki PlayStation, producer Takenobu Terada discussed several points regarding the sales of Super Robot Wars V. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089]
Here are the highlights:
- They were surprised by the huge response to the game in Southeast Asia, including Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea. There was as much fervor as Japan for the game.
- The game was less well received in the West. Yet Transformers keep receiving new series entries, and Marvel superhero movies are very popular, so they think they can gain some hints from that angle of thought.
- They would like to create a bit more content aimed towards regions outside of Asia, and see how it is received.
Super Robot Wars X releases on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita in Japan on March 29, 2018. The game releases in April 26, 2018 in Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, and Indonesia.)