During the June 14, 2018 live stream, Nintendo showed off more of the new Assist Trophies and items in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. We got to see which new Pokemon appear in Poke Balls, who might show up to help from familiar Nintendo series and how devastating the Kirby series’ Bomber item can be.
Here is a list of the new Assist Trophies that appeared in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stream.
- Bomberman: He will drop bombs on the stage. These can be moved by players.
- Krystal: The Star Fox Adventures heroine arrives wielding her spear.
- Squid Sisters: the Splatoon singers show up and force the screen to focus on a smaller area.
Here are the new items that showed up in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate stream and how they worked, including the new Pokemon found in Poke Balls.
- Banana Gun: This is a gun that is a banana. After you fire it, you can use the leftover peel as an item.
- Black Hole: This pulls people and items into the middle of it, to hold them in place for attacks.
- Bomber: This item from the Kirby series can be held aloft to trigger an explosion with a substantial range that damages opponents nearby. (It can be pocketed by the Villager.)
- Healing Field: When placed, people who stand within it will recover health.
- Poke Balls: Alolan Raichu, Alolan Vulpix, Bewear and Togedemaru can appear after using a Poke Ball. Alolan Raichu flies around the screen, Alolan Vulpix uses an ice attack, Bewear stalks a platform to attack enemies and Togedemaru uses an electric attack. (Togedemaru only appeared briefly during the stream, on the edge of the screen.)
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate will come to the Nintendo Switch on December 7, 2018.