Super Smash Bros. Ultimate broke all kinds of sales records during its opening month and the latest issue of Famitsu magazine shows how much came from digital sales in Japan. [Thanks, Ryokutya2089.]
Below is the top-10 software sold digitally in Japan from November 26 to December 30, 2018:
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 309,229 [Switch]
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds – 144,113 [PS4]
- Together! The Battle Cats – 78,756 [Switch]
- God Eater 3 – 61,909 [PS4]
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 54,652 [PS4]
- Super Mario Party – 45,387 [Switch]
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 – 33,506 [Switch]
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 29,219 [Switch]
- Judgment – 25,223 [PS4]
- Splatoon 2 – 23,611 [Switch]
It comes as no surprise to see the big numbers for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s digital sales considering it was breaking records in the U.S. and U.K.during this period, just weeks into its release. PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds put up higher numbers than expected after a quiet debut for its physical version.
Together! The Battle Cats being the third best-selling digital title was also another surprise as it released in December 20, 2018 as a digital-only title.