Bandai Namco Entertainment recently released a new round of information for Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet, including screenshots on customization of Afasys and descriptions for some of the attack skills and weapons that Siliconera previously described here.
Afasys can be used as a bank (with interest!) for in-game credits. You can also give her pocket money, but what does she spend it on…?
Battle patterns and habits can be set up based on preset options.
Afasys can be customized with different outfits, and you can also customize her personality. The personality option can be customized in a simple or detailed fashion.
Submachine Guns (Close to mid range)
A light and easy to pick up weapon. It has a lot of ammo and fairly high damage, and as such is quite well-balanced.
Gatling Guns (Mid to far range)
A heavy weapon that can focus fire on distant enemies at an amazing rate of fire. Beware of going over the weight limit when equipping it.
Grenade launchers (Mid to far range)
This weapon fires bullets that land quite far, so it is possible to shoot from hiding in cover far away and still hit the enemy. Because the grenades explode, it has an area of effect that might work well against large enemies or dense areas. However, there are no laser variants of this type of weapon.
In order to obtain skills, Skill Points (SP) must be spent, and the stat requirements must be met. Skills are also mostly weapon specific, but common skills can be brought over when trying out new weapons.
- Quick Shot: A Handgun skill where close enemies are shot repeatedly very quickly.
- Gun Sting: A Shotgun/Assault Rifle skill where you charge towards the enemy. If you hit the enemy, there is a follow up attack with gunshots.
- Horizontal Square: A Sword/Gun & Sword attack where the enemy is slashed four times, finally ending with a horizontal shockwave swipe.
A set of skills which are used to increase stats and heal allies.
Shield Matrix: A common skill that stops all damage at the cost of completely stopping movement. It can be prolonged by holding the button down.
- Healing Area: A skill that creates a healing area of effect on the ground wherever the one bullet lands.
These are skills that inhibit the enemy with status effects.
Blaze Shot: A Handgun/Assault Rifle/Submachine Gun/Shotgun/Gatling Gun/Gun & Sword skill. The skill involves shooting a bullet that starts a fire where it lands, which can inflict the Blaze status effect on enemies.
Poison Gas Shot: A skill that can be applied to the same weapons which can use Blaze Shot. It creates a poisonous area upon landing which inflicts Poison status upon contact.
- Gravity Field Shot: Gatling Guns, Grenade Launchers and Rocket Launchers can use this skill. The weapon fires out a gravity field that sucks enemies towards it.
Gadgets are combat use items that can be brought into battle, spanning from health kits to throwing knives. Up to four can be equipped at once. The stronger the item, the higher your dexterity (DEX) needs to be.
- Frag Grenade: A thrown gadget with a 3-second explosion delay. It is effective on opposing players and tougher parts of monsters.
- Smoke Grenade: Three seconds after it is thrown, smoke will billow out of this grenade. While it is harmless, there are many uses for this, including obscuring enemy vision, catching their attention, or send a signal to allies.
- First Aid Kit: This item applies an ‘HP Recovery’ effect that will regenerate your health over a period of time.
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet releases in Japan on February 8, 2018 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while a PC version releases alongside the Western release on February 24, 2018.