The official website for Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! has opened, revealing details about the way the game is played, special features and its track listing. We knew that there would be a motion control option, where Don notes can be triggered with vertical strikes and Katsu notes require diagonal swings. But now we know about Performance Characters and a portion of the over 70 songs in the game.
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! will let people choose their playable character, which determines if special skills will be available to use in a song. The website discusses two so far. Selecting the Bachio Couple, the two drumsticks, makes the game easier, as it allows you to successfully trigger both Don and Katsu notes whether you are using the right buttons or motion controls. Unagi, the eel, lets you earn more points for rapidly hitting notes. The shown screen also notes that Inu and John, the two dogs, will be playable.
The first batch of songs for Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! have been revealed. Here are some of the tracks people will be able to play through.
- “Aloha” (From Pokemon Sun & Moon’s anime)
- “Be the One” (From Kamen Rider Build)
- “Cha-La Head-Cha-La” (From Dragon Ball Z)
- “A Cruel Angel’s Thesis” (From Neon Genesis Evangelion)
- “Dokomademo ~How Far I’ll Go~” (From Moana)
- “Grip & Breakdown!! Tatsujin Edit.” (From Touhou Project)
- “Haikei Doppelganger” (Gumi Vocaloid song by Kemu)
- “Howling” (From The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of the Commandments)
- “Itsumo Nando Demo” (From Spirited Away)
- “Jump Up, Super Star! Short Version” (From Super Mario Odyssey)
- “Natsu Matsuri”
- “Odore Dore Dora Doraemon Ondo” (From Doraemon)
- “Splatoon 2 Medley” (From Splatoon 2)
- “Takane no Haneko-san”
- “Tengoku to Jigoku Jokyoku”
- “Tomo ni”
- “TT –Japanese Ver.-“
- “YouTube Theme Song”
- “Zenzenzense” (from Your Name)
Taiko no Tatsujin: Nintendo Switch Version! will come to the Nintendo Switch in Japan in Summer 2018.