Taiko no Tatsujin Switch is officially a success worldwide. Today, Bandai Namco announced that Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun passed one million copies sold globally. Ten new songs are being added to the game as free DLC to celebrate this occasion. [Thanks, 4Gamer!]
The new songs focus on game music, with several of them pulling from Bandai Namco’s own Nintendo Switch releases like Mojipittan Encore, Katamari Damacy Reroll, and Mr. Driller DrillLand. Here’s the full list of ten songs that will be available beginning on July 9, 2020.
I Love Game Pack
- “The Arrow Was Shot” (Tales of the Abyss)
- “Boku no -> Chikyuu Bokura no Chikyuu” (Mr. Driller DrillLand)
- “IN THE ZONE” (Ace Combat: Joint Assault)
- “KARMA (Tatsujin Mix)” (Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion)
- “Katamari on the Rock ~Main Theme~” (Katamari Damacy)
- “Mojipittan Medley” (Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan)
- “Namcot Medley”
- “No Way Back” (God Eater)
- “Tanoshii Taiko Dojo”
Apart from the DLC, Bandai Namco also shared a few Twitter headers and profile pictures for people to use:
Finally, Bandai Namco teased the next big update for Taiko no Tatsujin Switch, which plays off of the Online Ranking Matches added late in 2019. A new mode called eSports Tournament will be added in Summer 2020, and it will be a knockout tournament-style mode where you go against other players. You’ll need a Nintendo Switch Online subscription in order to participate.
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun is available for the Nintendo Switch.