It’s been a couple months since the passing of former Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata, and the company announced Tatsumi Kimishima as the new representative director.
The press release notes the following regarding the change of a representative director:
We aim to strengthen and enhance the management structure of the Company following President (Representative Director) Satoru Iwata’s passing on July 11, 2015 and a large-scale revision of the organizational structure of the Company on September 16, 2015.
The career record of Kimishima shows that he was appointed as representative director of The Pokémon Company in December 2000, and was then appointed as representative director of Nintendo of America Inc. in January 2002, and then became the CEO of Nintendo of America in May 2006.
Nintendo also announced some other new titles for key personnel:
- Genyo Takeda: Technology Fellow*
- Shigeru Miyamoto: Creative Fellow*
- Shigeyuki Takahashi: General Manager, Finance, Administration Division Supervisor of General Affairs Division In charge of Quality Assurance Department
- Satoshi Yamato: General Manager, Marketing Division In charge ofAdvertising Department
- Shinya Takahashi: General Manager, Entertainment Planning & Development Division Supervisor of Business Development Division, Development Administration & Support Division
* Fellow: An individual selected from among the Representative Directors who has advanced knowledge and extensive experience, and holds the role of providing advice and guidance regarding organizational operations in a specialized area (newly established on September 16, 2015).